Saturday, December 3, 2011

Herman Cain: The Show's Over

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/CqTP9PgmyQPOw4oP14afNg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDI7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/134649536.jpg

Herman Cain officially ended his presidential campaign today.

OK, he 'suspended' it,but the show's over.

He made the announcement in his home town of Atlanta,with, of course, his wife Gloria onstage with him.

He said the allegations have cast a "cloud of doubt over me and this campaign."

"As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign," he said. "I am suspending my presidential campaign because of the continued distraction, the continued hurt . . . on me, on my family, not because we are not fighters, not because I am not a fighter."

"I have made many mistakes in life -- everybody has. I made mistakes professionally, personally, as a candidate, in terms of how I run my campaign. And I take responsibility or the mistakes that I have made," he said. "But because of these false and unproved accusations, it has … had a tremendous painful price on my family."

Of course, it wasn't just the allegations of adultery or sexual harassment that did Herman Cain in. it was his obvious ignorance of anything outside of a very narrow focus, his disastrous ( albeit catchy) '999 plan', his gaffe ridden public utterances and his poorly run campaign.

A recent Iowa poll showed his support plummeting to less than 8% and falling.

Cain says Cain said he will be launching "plan B" of his public career, a new website where he will discuss economic and get this, foreign policy issues. I'm certain his book will also be for sale onsite, if you can't find it at your local thrift shop or garage sale.He also said he's planning to endorse a Republican candidate for president "in the near future."

A presidential campaign is also a job interview, or at least it should be. Americans have already seen the result of putting a man with no experience and no discernible qualifications into the White House, and there's no benefit in repeating that mistake.

It will be interesting to see where his support goes. I would personally guess that Michele Bachmann and perhaps Newt Gingrich would be the chief beneficiaries.

please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

No comments:

Post a Comment